Saturday, October 17, 2009

[New York Times]In Rebuilding as in the Disaster, Wealth and Class Help Define New Orleans

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/25/us/25class.html?pagewanted=1&_r=2
The article from New York Times in 2006.
After I read this news article, I found one solid fact that "money does matter" issue here. It does. I need more time to dig through this. Hope it helps me to nail down my project idea.

Above is the Katrina related news. I found this article in CNN website of how CNN warns the formation of typhoon will be dangerous, but the Taiwanese news broadcast did not pay too much attention about it until the serious landfall and flood occurred later.
The following is a quote from this news that CNN already warned that the typhoon will be causing disasters.
"He (CNN meteorologist Kevin Corriveau) predicted its impact would be massive. "This storm has already dumped about 400 millimeters (16 inches) of rain in the central and southern part of the island, and they're still expecting another 500 (20 inches) to 800 millimeters (32 inches) of rain over the next 24 to 48 hours," he said."

(This is written in Chinese. A note for myself.)

By the way, there will be an another typhoon hitting Taiwan this coming Wednesday (tw.news.yahoo.com). We'll keep watching this matter and updating the news here.

No comments: